View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 01:26 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
The statement I made about controlling obesity is absolutely not completely false and can be easily verified if you care to do a deeper dive. Yes, there are many patients that are not compliant with doctor's recommendations. There are patients that cannot be compliant due to costs of maintaining medications. There are still more that do not have access to healthier foods and exercise for a myriad of reasons. To say that my comment is completely false is both wrong and short-sighted. There is no "simply stopping being obese by adopting a healthy diet and exercise" for 99% of people that are obese. Ask any doctor, especially those that care for the underserved and lower income populations, and they can fill you in on this if you care to listen to them.
Bullshit. You can eat fairly healthy for the same cost as eating at McDonalds and getting trash every day. I know because I do it. The poor are as capable of walking and running as I am. It costs absolutely nothing to exercise, you don’t need a home gym, you need basic cardio for weight control. It is not difficult to not be obese, for poor and rich obesity was rare until very, very recently. Exercise, eat healthy, and 99% will not be obese. You don’t need medication to not be obese; you need medication for the things obesity causes and wreaks upon your body. It is very easy to not be fat. There is not some magic new fat disease striking Americans. It is peoples terrible choices for which they are responsible.