View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 10:53 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper1927 View Post
The quest continues…

The price points of these last few have been a hindrance. However, I agree that the Cobb was probably underpriced. I am wondering if it got hampered by so many T206 Cobb offerings. Hoping a Wagner will be “hampered” soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure that is happening. Did you see the "A" graded E103 Wagner that just went in this last REA auction?

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...?itemid=125873

That hammer price looked pretty darn strong to me for a card in that condition.

Been passively working on a low budget E103 set, like you, as well over the years. And also like you, found the "Big 3" in that set (Cobb, Mathewson, and Wagner) can be very pricey and a bit intimidating, especially since the pandemic run-up in prices. Luckily, I had gotten a Cobb and Mathewson before the pandemic hit, just not so lucky in finding that reasonably priced Wagner before then. One positive thing about working on that set is that you don't really ever come across E103 Williams Caramel cards in somewhat decent/nice shape. They are usually all in lesser, worn condition, at best. It makes it a lot easier to buy and justify low grade cards of the bigger name players in that set as their condition won't stick out like a sore thumb against nicer condition cards of the common players that are generally much more affordable to pick up in better shape. LOL

Have loved watching along as you have worked and have progressed on this set. Keep saving your pennies and wait for that just right Wagner to pop up somewhere. They still do show up, occasionally, for sale, like in this last REA auction. For your sake, if we do start to see a bit of a downturn in card prices going forward due to the economy, etc., hopefully it won't dry up the availability of these E103 Wagners as people then may start to just hold onto them and wait for the next uptick in prices before putting any back out there for sale. Good luck on finishing off the set, am pulling for you. Oh, and that is a fantastic looking Cobb you picked up for this set. I've got an SGC10 Cobb I'd be really tempted to trade you for your "A". LOL

Again, great story and journey to follow along with, and good luck in finishing off the set!!!