View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Default Was this an early mistake by PSA???

Posted By: 1880nonsports

as both an older raw person (25% or so slabbed) and a NS guy - card and grade appears to actually be the grade they gave it. Now THAT surprises me! Buying it or selling it with that grade - raw or graded - seems perfectly sound and correct. A good portion of grading is subjective as are the reasons for buying something. The significant visual characteristics or parameters that cause one to buy or not buy a card are specific to the individual buyer. I think "grades" in general for raw or slabbed cards are just a descriptive element - if one can't actually SEE the card - to describe it's general state of preservation. My problem with grading is kinda like defining what is the "strike zone" in baseball. Hard to apply ONLY objective criteria to something with perceptual variances - one can only hope that there will be consistancy from that umpire. The only exception I see would be for the high end registry people - whose goal might be the "highest graded" syndrome. Not that there's anything wrong with that........