View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 07:10 PM

Ok, so I guess I have to defend myself.

I had agreed on a deal for three of the coins in my collection.

I gave him my email for paypal and it was NOT INcorrect. (One would imagine that I know my own email.)

When payment was not received, I accepted another offer that included one of the previous coins.

This user sent payment within 10 MINUTES of agreeing to the offer. Items are shipping on Monday morning and I will be providing tracking information for it.

That being said, I do not like the fact that this user has sent me demeaning and vicious PMs, threatening me because of what was clearly a mistake on his part for the payment.

I did offer to send the other two coins FOR FREE and I offered to refund all of his money if it came across my paypal account (which it wont because it was sent to the wrong email) and I would eat the cost to ship the two coins he would have gotten for FREE at MY EXPENSE.

This user is demanding that I stick to the original deal when another user has already agreed and paid for it. That is impossible and I cannot do that with someone that had not paid.

I thought that my offer as an apology would be acceptable and would be about a $25 loss to me, but that isn't good enough to him.

He said that I should have had an email stating that i had to approve or deny the payment. In all the time that I have had paypal, I have NEVER had to do this. It is not standard with paypal and should have set off a red flag to him that something with his payment was wrong.

Here is a couple quotes from PMs that I have received from him.

"I suppose you could still refund me my money and sell to the other person but I'll leave that up to you and your conscience. I guess the real question will be is the extra $25 worth tarnishing your rep on net54. For me it's all or nothing, as our current standing transaction was agreed upon. Let me know."

"If you log into your paypal account you will see a notification asking you to accept or decline my payment. Ball is in your court. Decline my payment and I'll expose you to the rest of the net54 community for what you are. You'll be hard pressed to make any future deals."

"I'm afraid I can't accept your apology. Apologies are reserved for people who make mistakes and realize it later. You're willfully making a decision to screw me and are apologizing for it in advance. Pretty big douche move. This is your last chance to be a man of your word and honor your commitment."

"If it was wrong, that's your bad. If you still want to sell to the other person and send me a crappy parting gift as a consolation I won't accept it. I don't want anything from a person that is dishonest and has no honor. What I said wasn't a threat, it's the real deal. Be prepared to defend yourself publicly."

After telling him that I rescind my goodwill offer to send the coins to him with no payment and with me covering the shipping due to the fact that he is getting belligerent with me, this is what I get.

"You obviously have a bad habit of rescinding offers. Final point #1-whether you received my payment or not, it is unethical to pull back on a verbal agreement without first contacting the original buyer first. Final point #2 - you did not do "everything you could to make things right". Everything you could we be to contact buyer #2 and say it was wrong of me to sell to you when I already agreed to sell to someone else."

Due to this person and his behavior, I will not be conducting business on this forum any longer. Bad first impression that after one in three deals ends like this.

I will ship all my currently paid offers on monday and then I will be requesting my account be removed on Wednesday.