View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 08:47 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschisler View Post
Hi guys, not a pin guy but I buy up all star buttons and pins if I see them for an affordable price to go with my all star programs and pennants. I came across these two lately and I was wondering if anyone knew of a date on these? I've seen similar pins for the Washington one dated for 1937 and something similar to the other one that was dated 1946 but no concrete evidence either way. Also, not knowing much about vintage pins, would pins like this have been reproduced at all? I was a little leery of the second pin because of the smeared ink on it, but figured I would take a chance on it. Didn't know if there should be things to look out for there?
For years, it was assumed by Washington and other collectors that your D.C. All-Star Game pin was from the 1956 or 1962 games, both by the look of it and the fact that nobody knew about any others issued for those games. But about 20 years ago, I came across a picture of this Boy Scout Jamboree pin and knew instantly that the D.C. pin was also from 1937. There is another version that omits the D.C. location that I believe was made to accompany the attached ribbon, pictured below along with a different pin from that game that was also intended to have the ribbon attached. Does anyone know of another all-star game pin that comes with a similar ribbon? There is a very rare 1962 D.C. All-Star Game pin, pictured in the group of D.C. pins below, but none for the 1956 game that I know of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1937 All Star game pinback.jpg (12.6 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg 1937 All-Star Game (800x600).jpg (58.7 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg 1937 All-Star Pin (800x600).jpg (59.4 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg Washington Pins (800x600).jpg (74.4 KB, 441 views)