View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 11:19 PM
Tim Odeen

My father left me his watches. He started collecting late. He gave me his Tissot because "I have too many watches to rotate." A year later he bought another exact same Tissot (top left and right). Before collecting, he loved Seiko. My mother gave his quartz watches to grandsons. So I have an automatic Seiko. Then he bought an automatic Citizen, really fancy with all the bells and whistles. Then he moved into Tissot and Hamilton.

The Rolex is an heirloom from the 50s that we gave to my father. it belonged to my mother's uncle, passed along to my uncle, and then my uncle gifted it to my father and we paid for its repair. My great-uncle was a Corp of Engineers surveyor. He built airfields across the world during WWII (north Africa and France), Korea, and Vietnam (all over SE Asia). He got his picture in LIFE Magazine. And he helped bring a baby elephant to the San Diego Zoo. It had an article in a CA newspaper, too.

The jump hour I bought in Thailand. It took a beating. I want to get it fixed... if it's not a plastic movement. I bought the Stauer hoping for a replacement jump hour, but it sucks. The automatic movement gets stuck somehow.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 03-14-2023 at 02:14 PM.