View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Anyone seen or have these Mantle, Hodges or Mays Exhibit Card Advertising Pieces?

Greetings all:

In my quest for all things Exhibits I have had in my collection for years a few very oddball items.

These are ad pieces for Adelphia Seafood located in Lancaster, PA. I have three different. Hodges, Mantle and Mays.

The Hodges is different in that it has a gold frame around the card along with a 1956 calendar under a flap on the front.

The Mantle and Mays have a different "scalloped" embossed frame around the card. Also embossed on the front of the flap are the words Calendar for the Year. This is hard to see and I never noticed it until I scanned them and saw "something". In direct sunlight I was able to read the words. I don't know why they did not print these words in the gold like the others on the frame.

The Mantle and Mays do not have the small calendar like the Hodges. The frames are made of a flocked material that is like the old fashioned flocked wallpaper that was a little fuzzy to the touch.

Anybody else have any of these? If so, please post scans.

Thanks,

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adelphia Seafood0002.jpg (76.8 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Adelphia Mantle0001.jpg (77.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Adelphia Seafood0003.jpg (76.5 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by whiteymet; 11-13-2013 at 10:06 PM.