Thread: PSA vs. SGC
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 08:59 PM
pete ullman

i agree with you 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
To some degree, I think it may depend on what you plan to do with the card. If it is a purchase to re-sell, PSA is the clear winner. The registry was pure genius. It appeals to ego and elitism, causes you to spend 100X what a card is worth for the "best copy," and then strokes you even more if you do it a lot by giving you an award for, IMO, being so stupid. And, even better, it is a continuous, unending, screw job. New people get sucked in and the cycle continues. Literally the perfect scam. Wish I had thought of it.

Conversely, SGC is, well, SGC. I haven't sent any cards to be graded to either for years, but when I did, it was always SGC. I personally thought that SGC did a better job and since I was having them graded for my personal collection, I wasn't nearly so concerned with all the BS. Nor was the disparity as great then as it is now. When it comes time for me (or more likely my wife) to sell my personal collection, that may well end up being a poor decision financially. But I still think SGC does a better and more consistent job of actually grading the card than PSA does. My $.o2, which is probably not worth even that much.