View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Obviously his first ten years were huge, and I give him lots of credit, he was an elite player despite a long and mediocre tail to his career. That you don't care about advanced metrics is fine, but many people do. As for my observation about Trout, RBI have a lot to do with how many guys are on base when you come up. Pujols' RBI totals would have been a lot lower hitting behind a mortal. Pujols' generally mediocre performance on the Angels is old news by the way, it's been discussed forever.
Well Peter, if you would have just put a period after credit and ended the post I would have been very happy! But you didn't. Metrics, an analogy for me as it relates to this post would be:

I'm at the blackjack table enjoying the game. Someone sits down, makes a minimum bet, and then breaks out their "Hoyle" book. Every card that is dealt the person looks up the odds to see if they should hit, stay, etc. Without fail, I get up and leave the table pissed off that the person sat down and ruined my otherwise enjoyable moment. That's metrics my friend.