View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I seen that one a couple years ago but I honestly forget the reference to that song that may have helped them choose their name.

I also don't know if Artimus Pyle's doc was ever released? IIRC, Ronnie's wife, who is in charge of, (or was) of Lynrynd Skynyrd enterprises was trying to stop it from being released.
I also remember, I believe in the doc you mentioned, that a lot of bandmates don't like Artimus any more.
I believe it had to do with his story about allegedly running for help after the plane crash and the rest of the bandmates saying that is bullshit, he was just looking out for himself, or something along those lines?
One of the beauties of Netflx is that you can go in and out of anything and fast forward/backward to any spot in the show. You can go into the film/documentary and find where Bill Burns is starting to talk about the Camp Granada song aroung the 9:20 mark in the film. They much later on near the end of the film go into the events and details of the crash, with Rossington doing most of the talking. Around the 1:28:50 mark of the film Pyle starts talking about waking up and seeing his friends bleeding and dying, so barefoot and with chest injuries he takes off into the woods looking for a farm house or someone to get help for everyone. And that was all that was said about it in this film. There was no mention of other band members hating him after that for having taken off from the crash site. At least not in this documentary film by Showtime.

Last edited by BobC; 11-10-2021 at 10:41 AM.