Thread: January pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:27 PM

Default January pickups

Happy New Year to everyone on net54!

I just received these two October, 1964 professional portraits of Dean Chance and Bo Belinsky that were used in the Melodyland (Anaheim, CA) production of Damn Yankees. As some of you know, I grew up a die-hard Angels fan and Dean Chance was one of my early Angels favorite players.

Angels rookie Bo Belinsky was famous for pitching the 1st no-hitter in Angels history on May 5th, 1962. Additionally, Belinsky was a notorious swinger dating Hollywood starlets like Mamie Van Doren, Tina Louise and marrying Playboy Playmate Jo Collins. Belinsky, described by some as a confirmed flake, had a dry acerbic East Coast sense of humor. This signed and inscribed early 1960's Angels yearbook that I own, says it all. Typical Bo...

1964 was a banner year for Angels All Star pitcher/ Bo Belinsky wingman Dean Chance. In 1964 Chance earned the Cy Young award, the 1st in Angels history.

In 1967, Dean Chance had another banner year while pitching for the Minnesota Twins. On August 6th, 1967 Chance pitched an unofficial perfect game (5 innings) at Minnesota. 19 days later on August 25, 1967 Chance also pitched a no-hitter.

BTW, Dean Chance was a high school multi-sport standout that got offered over 100 college scholarships.
As a pitcher, Chance dominated in high school, pitching 18 no-hitters and winning over 50 games vs. only 1 loss.

Both photo portraits were shot by Orange County professional photographer Rolland Hendrickson and were developed in his own darkroom and signed by Hendrickson.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 01-04-2021 at 02:08 PM.