View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 07:40 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggary View Post
Doug, wish you still had a duplicate Lasorda ticket.

On September 18, 2006 the Dodgers were trailing 9-5 in the bottom of the ninth. Jeff Kent, JD Drew, Russell Martin and Marlon Anderson hit consecutive home runs to tie the game. Down 10-9 in the 10th inning Nomar Garciaparra hit a 2-run walk-off home run to win the game.
Sorry about the Lasorda.

As for the Sept 18, 2006 game :
The Dodgers were losing 6 to 5 going into the 9th, and the Padres padded their lead with 3 runs of Takashi Saito, sending many fans for their cars (including my lovely wife).

In the bottom of the 9th Jeff Kent led off by hitting a 1-0 pitch over the centerfield wall, then some guy who we wouldn't of had playing for us if we had kept Adrian Beltre sent a 1-2 pitch over the right-centerfield wall. I hate that guy so much I won't mention his name, although he was later involved in a four HR in a row game with the Red Sox. F that guy, he can't even spell his own initials.

At this point, still leading by 2 runs, Bochy brought in famed Dodger killer Trevor Hoffman, to stop the bleeding.

Russell Martin deposited Hoffman's first pitch in the left field bleachers, then Marlon Anderson sent Hoffman's second pitch in the bleachers in right center to tie the game.

Julio Lugo sent Hoffman's third pitch deep to right, but the hopes of the remaining crowd weren't enough to push it over the wall for the victory.

Olmedo Saenz popped to short, Rafael Furcal flied out to right, and it was on to the 10th, where the Padres managed to score a run (thankfully not another run for some guy named Piazza who had started the scoring for the Padres in the first inning). They left the bases loaded when Jeff Blum, who was 2-3 with a run and 2 rbi flied out to right off Aaron Sele (the eventual winner).

In the Dodger's 10th Rudy Seanez walked Kenny Lofton on 7 pitches, and would have walked Nomahhhh Garciaparra had he not dropped the 3-1 pitch into the left centerfield bleachers.

So, to recap - the Dodgers sent 9 men to the plate and scored 6 runs on 5 homers and a walk.

Rafael Furcal led off the game the next night with first pitch homer, for the 6th Dodger HR in 10 batters, but they got their butts kicked that night.

Here are my scorecards from the big game... ironically, I don't know where the ticket is, hahahaha. Well, it's probably in the box of tickets that I have from my season ticket holder days.

Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006-09-18-Dodgers-Padres-scorecard 1.jpg (81.0 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-09-18-Dodgers-Padres-scorecard 2.jpg (80.9 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 12-16-2021 at 07:42 PM.