Thread: Pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Bobby,

Can I just ask you a few questions about the list of numbers on your homepage. I'm sure it lines up, but I am really just curious about the data:

Number of Cards: 346,304
Cards with Stock Images: 66,015
Number of Sets: 5,872
Sets with Pricing: 5,758
Total Auctions: 7,221,596
Auctions with Images: 7,249,818
New Auctions Today: 58
New Auctions in Past Week: 12,101
LIVE Auctions in Queue: 84,540

1. Does "Number of Cards" mean that you have pricing data on 346,304 different cards? Or would a T205 Ty Cobb PSA 5 and a T205 Ty Cobb PSA 6 qualify as two cards in this calculus? This is the number of individual cards listed in our database. Has no reference to the grades. There are 90 different possible grades listed on our site for each individual card.

2. What is the difference between "Number of Sets" and "Sets With Pricing"? Do the numbers above mean that there are 114 sets that you theoretically track even though there is no pricing for them? Yes there are some sets listed on the site that has no history of sales of individual cards in a auction format.

3. How can there be nearly 30,000 more "Auctions With Images" than "Total Auctions"? We started grabbing the images a few years after we launched. The numbers seem strange but you need to take in consideration that a lot of sellers post more then 1 image. I have seen up to 7 images posted and of course we grab all of them,

4. What does the 58 "New Auctions Today" represent in light of the 12,101 "New Auctions in Past Week"? Does nobody list on Thursdays? That is the number of auctions that has currently ended and posted for today. It is still very early in the day and most auctions end later tonight so that number will increase dramatically.

5. What is a "LIVE Auction in Queue" -- an auction that will come online soon, but isn't there yet? Live Auctions are currently live and listed on the site waiting to end and post to the site. This is so when people search the site for a card price they can see if there is a current auction happening. Also it is used for notifying members that have created a Want List. Once a card they want is available they get a email notice with links to the auction.

Thanks for the details. Again, I'm really just curious about the macro-level data.
Hope this answered you questions...