View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 07:52 PM

Default WTB: Babe Ruth playing days card... need help and advice please.

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a Babe Ruth card printed during his career, strip cards or gum cards I'm game for almost anything. I'm currently studying histiry at the University of Colorado so my budget is somewhat small but I'm in the process of selling off a few cards and pieces of my collection to fund this ambition.

I have always been a collector who has bought small cards here and there but never gone after any big time cards or purchases. Recently while looking at Peyton Manning rookie cards, I changed my philosophy and realized that for what people are asking for the cards of his that interest me, I could instead purchase one instead of a player like Ruth, Gehrig or Robinson and that had I saved my money that went towards many of my smaller purchases, I would be well on my way to being able to afford a decent card of a big name (albiet low grade.)

So, I'd like to embark on a journey to acquire a card of the Babe from his playing days. I'm looking for something presentable but creases, tears, cuts or chunks missing won't bother me... being a history student, I'm in it for the history above all else, plus these "defects" will allow me the chance at a more affordable copy. My budget is $1,000 but obviously cheaper is better for this fifth year senior lol.

If anyone is able to help educate me on what is out there within my range or better yet, share what they might be willing to sell, it would be ver much appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Jake