View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Default Join the "BB Card Free Thinkers Society"....its FREE

Posted By: Joann

I don't really care one way or another when it comes to grading. I will send in cards if I'm selling something, but have never graded a card I intend to keep. I used to crack out graded cards, but don't anymore. Not for any particular reason - I just don't.

I definitely prefer to have at least one card from each set raw, and will crack a card out of a holder if it's the only one I have from that set. To me, this is really the only way to understand condition sensitivity and what the card really was in it's entirety - not just what it looks like in person.

I'll also crack them out if the holder is all banged up and interferes with being able to see the card.

Rob - I keep my more expensive cards (which for me means anything over about $150 or so) in a safe deposit box at the bank. The rest, which comprise well over half the cards I own, are in either the slabs they were in when I got them or in top loaders with penny sleeves.

And where do I keep them? Uh oh. Here goes. In one of those plastic bags from the grocery store. Seriously. That way I can move them from place to place easily, toss them in the back of a closet if company or whatever is coming over, etc. Also very handy to take downstairs and spread out on the kitchen counter to look at, show off, etc.

I don't think I could do the three ring binders - too structured.

Joann

Oh - and Joe Jones - wow. Cool display of Detroiters