View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
Yes Rob, I own that pennant. I wouldn't say it is super rare (there are 2 on ebay right now), but they always have condition issues, especially heavy fading and tip issues. Its made out of a heavy "cloth" fabric, and the tip is usually either missing or fraying. Mine is about as nice as I have seen regarding color, but the tip has some fraying.

And I agree, it is ugly and beautiful at the same time. Just wish the team photo didn't cover up the tourist destinations.

Attachment 433645
As previously mentioned, I thought the rendering on the left above Chinatown was the Grauman's Chinese Theatre, based upon only being able to see a sliver of the artwork not covered up by the oversized photo. But this thread made me rethink this, and because I was able to lift up the left side of the photo, I was able to determine that the building is actually City Hall, which back in 1963, was one of the few "skyscrapers" in LA.

1963 (3) close-up.jpg
1963 photo city hall comp.jpg