View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 11:03 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
By the way, suppose you buy your way to the Canadian border past the farmers and Native Americans. In the type of scenario described, that border is going to be heavily guarded by soldiers, I would imagine. Then what? Oh, wait, I know, you bring some Maple Leafs too?
Yes, and you travel at night, and crawl low to the ground. That way all you need to evade are infrared sensors picking up the heat from your body. You'll want an insulated suit to minimize your body heat, a bag of ice to exhale into to minimize the heat from your exhale, and be sure to wear a diaper to trap heat if you pass gas.

On a more serious note, a currency can collapse, or reset, without the country breaking up or the government collapsing. Back in 1985 when I was in Italy, a dollar was worth 1,770 lira. The lira didn't start out as being near worthless.

I prefer maple leafs, in gold, for one simple reason. The USA did actually make owning gold illegal, from FDR to Gerald Ford. If that happens again, a scenario of sneaking north to cash out gold maples in Canada (if it's illegal here) could play out.

So:
Heat insulated suit
Bag if ice
Diapers