View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 12:51 PM
George E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Maybe I would stagger the sales into different tax years to avoid bracket creep but that's a bit too granular of an answer for the call of the question... Hopefully, the cigar boxes are nice ones too. If so, I'd keep those for display.
Not too granular for the question at all. There is a lot to consider in such a situation.

I plan on something like this happening to me someday. If I ask it as a hypothetical now, I won't have to draw attention to myself when it really happens.

I think I'd call my photographer/video friend up and use the discovery (and some of the sales proceeds) as a springboard to make a documentary on T206s in general. Many of you would eventually be getting calls to be interviewed to add your particular angle of expertise to the big picture.

Oh, I should add that if anyone does find something like this, I'd still do the documentary if you want to bring me into the process.

Additionally, if anyone wants to be a producer (i.e. fund) my documentary anyway (without a new find to be the entry point), I can easily build it on some of the recent finds that have happened. Send me a PM if you are interested.