Thread: This is BS
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Default This is BS

Posted By: Scott Forrest

I had something to say, so I said it. I realized that a few of you would pull the "holier than thou" thing, and that this would also likely turn into an "I Love U Bill" thread. Expected, and fine.

<<2 people who quite frankly probably do not collect that many cards>>

Admittedly Scott, I will never know a tenth of what you know about cards. I'm interested in baseball history but really have no desire to be the owner of the world's largest or most valuable card collection or strut around card conventions with wads of $100 bills. I don't think any of those things are what it takes to increase vintage baseball knowledge.

To the rest of you, I apologize for responding to the posts that "got my goat", or for pointing out problems in the hobby - it causes fights and that's unfair to the rest of you. Also, as Scott pointed out, my collection is not big enough to give me that priviledge. So I will in the future defer to the lawyers and small business owners.

As far as posting, this is the best place on the web to get my baseball history fix - lurking is good, but interracting is better.