View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
I'm hoping folks will tolerate me using this thread to track my latest project.

Inspired by a friend who is working a half dozen Topps sets of various years and putting them in binders for easy viewing, I'm going to undertake a similar project of my own.

I'm going to build a "binder set" of 1976 Topps - the Topps set from the year of my birth!

So, what is a binder set? It's got non-high end, non-graded cards, perfect for flipping through without risking any major investments.

I'll probably aim for an average of EX for the set, with a range of VG-NM depending on what I come up with. Some of these cards might be a bit dinged up. At 43, I'm a little dinged up too.

To add to the fun, I'll likely pick up graded copies of some of the more interesting stars from the set. If I get a graded copy of a card, I'll still get a non-graded for the binder, but may allow for lower grade there to help keep costs in check.

Depending on what I get for duplicates, I may even dabble in some TTM autograph chasing.

I think this will be fun. My 7 year old son will be helping me with the sorting, so it's a nice father-son project!

Now...the 1976 Topps set has 660 cards. Here is the checklist.

The biggest rookie in the set is Eckersley, with cards of Hank Aaron and Nolan Ryan among the more expensive cards in the set.
I actually have several in binders. Let me know if you're interested and I can take a closer look as to what I have.