View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 04:44 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Erik, 5 years is a long time and I'm glad you've taken whatever action you needed to for closure - at least on your part. Whoever the other parties are, it's up to them now. Sometimes we either forgive or die with it.

Short story to make you feel better - maybe.

About 15 years ago or so I was returning from a business trip to Puerto Rico. I was changing flights in Dallas. I purchased a coffee from a Starbucks kiosk in the airport. They got my order wrong. I requested a replacement. The barista told me they got the order correct. The "He said - she said" went on for a few minutes and they refused to replace my coffee. I said ok, but I will never purchase another coffee from Starbucks and started my one-man boycott of Starbucks. That was a long time ago and I have never bought another coffee from Starbucks. Starbucks is still doing fantastic business and I have missed out on a lot of good coffees. Sometimes I wonder if it was just the individual that I dealt with or was it the culture of Starbucks.

Hopefully, you will pick up on the analogy of my personal experience and yours.

Sorry you're getting some negative comments regarding your apology and welcome back!

P.S. I'm still boycotting Starbucks! However, if someone else buys I'm all in.
I don’t think the comments are negative. I think the public apology part is difficult to understand when people don’t know the specifics of what he’s apologizing for. I think everyone gets his intent and respect it.