View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Dave Fa*st

Well as I said Frank I appreicate any input. I do find it a bit confusing what would be the difference in you not thinking it's fake but questioning the authenticity?

As far as the size...5 1/2" by 5 1/4" or so...that was actually my very first eye brow raiser. I thought it was the smallest item I've seen that had the team portraits laid out like a team cabinet card.

I did ask who a couple folks that I'd label as probably some of the smartest and most educated in the hobby their thoughts...and I've heard the size wasn't "that unusual".

It feels real to me....and looks real to me...but I'm not an expert and if it left my hands and went into the hands of someone that is more educated they'll have to determine that....compared to what else? I don't know.

The greatest tool of this forum is to educate hopefully.

As far as where it came from, it was in a scrapbook on the west coast that had items from the Brooklyn-New York area from 1900. It would have appeared that someone may have taken a trip to NY and possibly kept items from the different places they visited.....it was the only baseball item.

Last edited by asphaltman; 12-05-2010 at 10:07 PM.