View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 12:05 PM
Dominick

Default J.G. Taylor Spink Award autographs

Hi everyone,

I am a longtime reader but first time poster. I am always impressed by the amount of knowledge in this forum!

I collect baseball HOFers including the regular members and the award winners.

I enjoy collecting the members but, with eBay and the auction houses, you can purchase pretty much everyone easily if you have deep pockets. Same thing with the Frick Award winners. The Spink Awards are another ballgame. About half of them are common, a quarter hard to find and another quarter very hard to find. But what is great is that they remain affordable even if they very rare.

Right now I have close to 50 of them. Some like Grantland Rice are readily available but I just haven’t yet put out the money to get a nice signed photo. Some of the more recently deceased (2000 and after) I am still waiting for autographed baseballs but they are available on books.

Some of them I have never found a signature of. So I was wondering if any of you had exemplars of their signature so I could have an idea of what they look like. Here is who I am looking for:

-Charles Dryden
-Tommy Holmes
-Bob Hunter
-Ray Kelly
-Sid Mercer
-Milton Richman
-Bus Saidt
-Larry Whiteside

Also I was wondering if some of you have Spink Award winners that you would be ready to sell or know where I could find some.

Thank you for your help.

Dominick