Thread: Clancy Smyres
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 06:11 PM
Curt

I collect Dodger autographs and the thought of having most or all is very appealing, but the fact that the team dates so far back makes that task impossible for me, especially given when I started obtaining them seriously. Heck, I am having trouble this year keeping the new Dodger wantlist down and Mookie Betts is still causing me fits crossing him off the list due to his prices.

I know some folks try to get every player ever, but unless you have access to a hoard of early autographs, that is probably impossible to do now as well.

f you don't mind sharing, I am generally curious to know why you want one, aside from the obvious that it is a scarce autograph? Does it help complete a specific theme or collecting goal or is it more generalized?

If I were to come across one somehow, I would likely not be willing to pay the steep premium they seem to hold and it wouldn't help me complete anything specific, other than maybe making it easier to fill in complete years of Dodger rosters until you get back far enough that everyone died a century or more ago anyway. That is not to say I wouldn't pass on a free one, but then again, i'd probably turn around and sell it to someone willing to pay the premium and buy something else.

or
Quote:
Originally Posted by stat192 View Post
I know this is probably a waste of time post, but if anyone has a Clancy Smyres autograph they would like to sell, please let me know. Ill pay top dollar

or if you have one and dont want to sell, please post an image.

Thanks,