View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:34 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
If one thinks this destroys the economy and it takes us years to get back on track then in that scenario it certainly could hurt card values.

So much of card values depends on who is buying and who owns the cards. Using only macro trends to predict these micro trends are impossible.

I have only been active online since 2010 and there has been no shortage of reasons as to why the card market was going to get hit. It has somehow prevailed and third party graders are backed up as far as the eye can see.

I am in finance and I am seeing first hand the damage that is being done to asset prices in real time. Then I flip over to EBAY and look at the nearly 8,000 auctions that PWCC has running right now and I can't see a similar scenario in real time.

What got me more interested in cards and diverting a large percentage of my disposable income in late 2009 and in subsequent years was how quickly I watched money evaporate trading options then. I liked the concept that even if I was wrong it wasn't going to zero.

There are many of us who have been working on our collections for a long time and quite frankly during environments like this it makes me happy I own it even more.
There's something about being able to "Hold" something of value. Like Castle Walls of 100's as I like to say, 1 OZ Gold Coins, or even baseball cards. I don't really care if the price of gold is down or baseball cards are down because somehow, it feel better than owning stocks?

It's an old school way of living that I learned from mentors that came before me and that I respect. If I had their money, I'd burn mine and it worked for them. Of course I have stocks, mutual funds and alike and just dollar cost average for the tax benefits and the fun of it and have done so for many years. I feel that I am diversified and hold many different assets.

Some like the cars go down in value but I didn't buy them for that. I like to look at them in the garage and be able to relive 1976 & VROOM around when ever I want.\ I have the same car I drove in High School, only a Resto-mod with 600HP. and It makes me feel like a kid again, kinda like when I look at Baseball cards. The wife is pissed because she has to park her cars out front, but what are you gonna do. Biggest mistake I ever made was buying a house with a 2-car garage.

Baseball cards are supposed to be fun. The scammers that have ruined it for me including PSA who are going to get "McMillion$$ed" in due time. Then, it will be fun for me again. Good luck and good health to everyone.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-16-2020 at 10:36 AM.