View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 01:53 PM
David Peck

It has long been known that Jerry Lawler owned a number of 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A sets direct from the manufacture in 1982. At wrestling conventions he has said that he had a bunch of them and so I always wondered if they would ever surface.

A week ago a friend of mine who is big into the Memphis wrestling scene contacted me and said his friend was selling a loose set of the cards and wanted to see if I was interested in buying them and that they were given to him by Jerry Lawler. I said sure but they must be shipped in protective sleeves. My friend said no problem he had some and would get with him and then he would ship them to me. I said great. He couldn't find them and so it took an extra few days and in between I said listen if you ever find any more wrestling cards let me know I am always buying.

I was out grabbing take out and saw a message on my phone with a picture that said I found some of these. I was like oh sh++. We messaged back and forth over the next day and landed on a price. He was having dinner that night with The King and shared his good fortune with him. Jerry had no issue with him selling them and was happy to hear how much he was going to get for them.

A few days passed and he connected with my friend and then with these my only request was lots of bubble wrap and they were shipped beautifully. I waited outside for the Fed Ex delivery and it came four minutes before the guarantee.

One of the packs has a tear in the cellophane and so the cards look a little more aged on the side but the other two are simply pristine. The raw set was in decent shape and the Hogan is very nice with just a touched upper left corner and top to bottom centering issues.

This is one of those days that makes the constant hunt for cards worth it. I love the history of this set and it is very special to know these cards came from The King himself.

He believes there are more and so I am hoping that if so I am able to purchase more. He also believes he has a set of the 1979 Rax Roast Beef cards so we shall see.

I have never left one thing sealed. I am curious how long these will stay sealed! Haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monsermailday.jpg (74.5 KB, 131 views)