View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 07:30 PM

After nearly six months when I started this thread the 6th Series sheet is nearly complete. It wouldn't be anywhere near this far without the invaluable work of Kevvyg1026. A few months ago he figured out that on the 6th Series sheet the Yellow/Red row goes on top rather than the Yellow/Blue row, and more importantly that the blue rows go in the 3-4 and 9-10 horizontal rows rather than the incorrect 5-6 and 7-8 horizontal rows that I had originally. We also sent scans of miscut cards back and forth through email and about a month ago he sent me what I consider the most valuable miscut of the whole series, a miscut Art Fowler with part of a different color card that could only be Charlie Neal. It was proof that the Yellow/Blue row abutted the Blue/Orange row. The two missing Blue/Red cards are Chuck Estrada and Dave Wickersham. I was also missing the Blue/Red card of Tex Clevenger but Kevvyg1026 sent me a scan of a miscut Clevenger and I was able to match it up to Ken McBride. The 6th Series was less difficult than the 7th Series because of the many wrong back cards that exist in the 6th Series, they are almost nonexistent in the 7th Series. The reason 1963 wrong backs are so informative is that the back of the card is from a sheet that was printed upside down, so the card on the front is the mirror image of the card on the back. For instance, a wrong back Bill Freehan rookie will always have a Steve Dalkowski rookie on the back and vice versa. The sheet repeats the same 66 cards to make a full 132 card sheet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63 6th series aa.jpg (82.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 63 6th series bb.jpg (71.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 63 6 sheet.jpg (79.0 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 02-03-2021 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Added scan