View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 12:50 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Ebay, with few exceptions, has been a wasteland for months. Compound that with all the extra home computer time the ebay trolls have due to covid and the competition for fresh meat is fierce. Everything good, listed as buy it now, is gone in 60 seconds.

Kind of sad, because I used to be the one getting them.

Typically now, when something good does show up, it's listed auction style. For a few years, auctions almost became obsolete on ebay. At one point Ebay planned for more of an Amazon type business plan, moving away from the auction format. But then something changed and they started offering hundreds of free auction style listings each month. Now auctions are back full force.

Fballguy...the original Ebay Troll
I prefer the auctions, only started making offers and checking more often in spare time because I was missing out. I’d notice cool pennants vanish immediately and then resurface a few weeks later as GREAT EYE APPEAL. Some of us are collectors and others are immediately flipping for a profit. I’m not saying it isn’t ethical, of course not. But those of us in the first category are more or less “forced” into it by the latter.

Last edited by thetahat; 01-24-2021 at 12:56 PM.