View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
That picture Fred posted is mine. We are buddies. Anyway that came from 1962. Raleys is in Sacramento California and that Grocery market chain had Willie Mays come out for signings one winter day. At the Raleys we were at he, stayed for a half hour or 45 minutes. They gave you the picture and Mays signed it. Free. Then he was off to another store. My assumption is he hit them all, but I don’t know that for sure. I was 12 at the time.

There couldn’t have been more than 20 people there that day. He answered some questions with most of them being about the 62 World Series Game seven, and if he thought Matty Alou could’ve scored on his double with two outs in the Ninth inning in a game the Giants lost one to nothing. Would’ve tied the game.

Around that time Raleys also had John Brodie come out and do the same thing for them. The picture they gave you that day does not have the Raley’s notation on it.
Thanks for the information, so it is from 1962 and it is quite rare. Willie mays is my main PC, I have a decent collection and have seen some of the crazy rare pieces. This was one that i have never seen, and couldn’t find any documentation on.