View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 06:40 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
No red light districts in Australia. Prostitution is legal in the whole country; regulated or licensed in some states and not in others. Brothels are legal in New South Wales where Sydney is located and in Queensland, home of Brisbane, Surfer's Paradise and the Gold Coast. NSW was the first state to decriminalize prostitution in 1979 and legalized brothels under the Summary Offenses Act of 1988. In all of the time I have been there I have never seen anyone that looked like a streetwalker. I would guess the brothels are a little more subtle with their appearance as I have never noticed one.
Love Sydney! Was there on USS Independence CV-62 in 1992 for the 50th anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea. They made a real big deal about having us in port for about a week. Some crazy number of people visited the ship. I only had one duty day while we were in port, so got to see a lot. The Rocks, Bondai Beach, Sydney Aquarium. If not for the language, it seemed very much like California.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***