Thread: hockey forum
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyFerguson View Post
I think it depends on our age...I’m in my 60s so vintage to me in hockey terms is pre expansion 1967. So vintage is yoy age minus 50 years. 😎

While I’m commenting can’t resist given our Bee Hive hockey book a plug; you can check it out at https://beehivegoldenyears.com/. Great Christmas gift to yourself.
I somehow missed this post earlier and missed the Beehive link.
I will be sure to check it out as I currently have around 250 of them.
Nothing rare/expensive but some nice nonetheless. (pics below) Welcome to the site Aubrey. Have we talked/conversed before? I know I talked to quite a few guys back in 2016 when I first joined this site but most names escape me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohman99 View Post
I'm on some of the FB groups. They can be a good place for selling odds and ends and I occasionally pick up a nice card, but not very often. There are a couple of vintage groups on FB and their cut off is 1990.

One surprise for me is that the price of rookies from the early 90's has really taken off, especially 1990. For the most part this happens when they are PSA 10's. I actually see some guys calling 1990 vintage now!

Jim F is still around even without the forum. He got on Facebook briefly, but didn't stay long. Said it just wasn't for him, which sounds a lot like you guys too! I just found this forum, but I'll try to check in periodically!

Good to talk to some real hockey collectors, especially the guys i used to know from the Vintage Hockey Forum!
I am also on a Vintage card buyers/sellers site on Face Book as well and have also purchased some nice cards.
Lately for me, however, I have just been reading/looking and posting some of my new gets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1635.jpg (76.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1637.jpg (74.5 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1631.jpg (73.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1633.jpg (72.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1655.jpg (69.0 KB, 105 views)