View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 08:20 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevvyg1026 View Post
Row A with Pinson as leading card and Carew at the end of the row is at top of both half-sheets. Row E with the checklist as leading card is at the bottom of one half-sheet. This row also has B Robby in it as well as Bunning, W Sox team, W Sox Rookies, etc.

Row G, with Belanger, Adcock, Yankees & A's rookies, Ty Cline, and the Seaver RC, is a leading candidate to be the bottom row on the other half-sheet. If there were factory miscuts associated with the equipment used, I would expect the other cards in the row to exhibit similar types of issues. Based on what was said earlier, some of those cards may, so I suspect factory miscuts but I haven't seen enough or measured enough samples of these cards to determine that for certain.
I should also mention that the Seaver from my set has that legit looking fairly minor grade 4ish vintage corner wear (on all four) that's consistent with the rest of the entire set, yet no strange changes or oblong areas on the edges between the corners (which you'd think would be necessary for a card that was trimmed w/o the corners being touched).

At least I'd assume so, as I know nothing about the intricacies of altering!

So that seems to make trimming even less likely. Especially given the various cuts of my high numbers in general (and in a situation that shouldn't have any relation to deceitfully trimming to increase value, outside of the Seaver possibility)