View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 09:36 AM
David Peck

I honestly never thought this card would surface. When PSA interviewed me years ago I was asked to highlight some of the best cards and I naturally chose the Kerry Von Erich. In the article I stated I didn't think a PSA 10 would ever surface and I was wrong.

Growing up in Orlando without cable television in the early 80's the only wrestling content we got to see was Championship Wrestling From Florida and by 1985 the WWF had made it on network television. My parents bought me a paperback copy of a wrestling book and it had this incredibly muscular wrestler on the cover holding the NWA Heavyweight Title belt. I had no clue who it was and finally put two and two together a few years later when my neighbor let me watch wrestling in his room on ESPN. It was none other then Kerry Von Erich. I followed his career from that point forward until his unfortunate death at 33.

This was the only centered copy I really had ever seen.

Since I started collecting the cards in 2009 there was really no other high grade copy I wanted more and remember going all out on the first PSA 9. I self subbed the second and then the PSA 8.5. My heart sank when I got the text from the collector who owned this card and was sending it in to PSA because it was without question the best copy I had ever seen and I wanted it.

Unexpectedly the doorbell rang this morning and the two cards I just won Thursday night were being delivered. I am so excited to add this card to my collection.

Here are other magazine clippings that feature the photo used for this great card.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 04-16-2016 at 10:32 AM.