View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 07:09 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akleinb611 View Post
Doug:

And if anyone has any inside information about the set that they'd like to share, you have my blessing to revive a thread I started a couple of years ago. I'm still looking for someone who has new additions to the woefully incomplete checklist provided by the SCD Master Catalogue.
Hi Alan -

A pleasure to hear from you, and perfect timing :

The catalog has one listing for Joseph Moore, but today I received a second version, and it's not a goofy font variation that nobody really cares about but me, it's a completely different picture.

There's a bit of a story behind it, to be filed under "good things come to those who wait" or possibly "don't stress, there is always going to be another one".

There is a seller on ebay who has a group of 30 m114s that he has had listed for months. There were 5 in the grouping that I am interested in, and I have made him multiple offers starting with fair, and later better than fair, but he doesn't want to split up the group. The Moore "portrait version" is in the group, and I had never seen it before, so I has understandably anxious to acquire it, but not by purchasing the entire (highly) overpriced group.

Then, another one popped up a week or so ago, I made a fair offer and now I have added it to my collection.

With 13 others I have picked up recently, this one puts me at 1,052 different m113 / m114 issues.

Doug "hey collectibles_1, I still want 4 from your group of 30" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 11-27-2019 at 07:10 PM.