View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 11:11 PM

Default Reconstructing the 1963 Topps 6th and 7th Series Sheets

When I originally thought about making this thread I didn't realize how much trouble it would be to make a visual of the sheets, I'm sure it would be much easier for someone who has experience doing that sort of thing. I will start by explaining what I believe is the layout of the sheets. I am certain for both series that the top of the sheet is the yellow based blue inset circle horizontal row, and the bottom 12th row is the red based green inset circle horizontal row upside down. It could be said that the red based green inset circle horizontal row is the top row and the yellow based blue inset circle horizontal row is the bottom row, but I will go with the yellow based blue inset circle row is the top row. I have scans of yellow based blue inset circle cards and red based green inset circle cards that were miscut and show that they were on the top or the bottom of the sheet with no card above or below them. I originally thought the layout of the 12 row sheet consisted of the yellow based blue inset circle row, the yellow based red inset circle row upside down, the blue based orange inset circle row, the blue based red inset circle row upside down, the red based yellow inset circle row, the red based green inset circle row upside down, and then those six rows repeated again. The problem with that is that I was able to find some miscut cards that had small parts of cards from a different color base on them and they were not working out to that pattern. I found a miscut Johnny Blanchard that has a piece of Larry Sherry, a Rusty Staub 4 player rookie card that has a piece of Tom Satriano, and a Steve Dalkowski 4 player rookie card that has piece of the 7th series checklist. So that means that the blue based orange inset circle row butted up against the red based green inset circle row, and the red based yellow inset circle butted up against the yellow based red inset circle row. After a little tinkering, I came up with what I believe is the layout of the rows. It goes yellow based blue inset circle row, yellow based red inset circle row upside down, red based yellow inset circle row, red based green inset circle row upside down, blue based orange inset circle row, blue based red inset circle row upside down, blue based orange inset circle row, blue based red inset circle row upside down, yellow based blue inset circle row, yellow based red inset circle row upside down, red based yellow inset circle row, red based green inset circle row upside down. I was able to find many wrong back 6th series cards that also help explain the layout of the sheets that I will talk about in the next post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63 fowler.jpg (79.6 KB, 592 views)
File Type: jpg 63 murtaugh 6.jpg (80.7 KB, 581 views)
File Type: jpg 63 tigers.jpg (78.7 KB, 575 views)
File Type: jpg 63 blanchard-sherry b.jpg (74.7 KB, 579 views)
File Type: jpg 63 blanchard-sherry a.jpg (9.1 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg 63 staub 8.jpg (69.5 KB, 584 views)
File Type: jpg 63 staub 9.jpg (77.9 KB, 579 views)
File Type: jpg 63 dalkowski 2.jpg (61.4 KB, 564 views)