View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
We have an uncut sheet of 1967 Topps. We just don’t know how many times each card was printed. The SPs and DPs are pretty clear. The 1966 sheet is a work in progress. We can identify a few errors in the lists, but there is still a lot of work to do. 1963 Topps we really don’t know enough to say anything. There are questions that have not been answered and assumptions made without evidence.
Tell me what assumption I have made and I will show what evidence I have. I have miscut and print error cards showing cards from the yellow block blue inset circle row and the red block green inset circle row that were either at the top or the bottom of the sheet. I have miscut cards that contain parts of two different color block cards showing that the blue block orange inset circle row butts up against the red block green inset circle row. You are absolutely correct that the way I have the color blocks laid out on the sheet is speculative, the reason I did that is I was going by how the wrong backs work out. Every wrong back I have ever seen from the 1963 set is simply a card from a sheet that had the back printed upside down, no exceptions. While looking through them I noticed that a yellow block blue inset circle wrong back always has a red block green circle wrong back, a yellow block red inset circle always has a red block yellow inset circle wrong back, a blue block orange inset circle always has a blue block red inset circle wrong back, and vice versa. No exceptions. In order to make this work out, this was the only way I could get the sheets to follow that pattern. The Curt Flood is at the top right corner of the sheet and the Jay Hook is at the lower left corner of the sheet, if you check eBay or WorthPoint it will show a wrong back Curt Flood with a Jay Hook back or vice versa every time. Other than the placement of the 22 card color blocks on the sheet, all evidence clearly shows that each series had 66 cards, there were three different color blocks of 22 cards each, the yellow block blue inset circle row and the red block green inset circle row were on each end of the sheet, the blue block orange inset circle row butted up against the red block green inset circle row, and there are no short prints unless an entire 22 card color block was somehow short printed.