View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I have seen this video before, but I totally forgot about his Gretzky! Well done, Peck!

I don't agree with this guy. He stated that the GOAT in football can always be debated. For example, some say it's Brady, others say it is Barry Sanders, others say Elway, etc. But in hockey, according to him, there is no debate. Now first of all, how can anyone compare a QB to a WR or a RB? It just wouldn't make sense to say that Jim Brown will always be better than Tom Brady. I think the same thing can be said about hockey. Yes, Gretzky is the greatest forward of all-time. However, the greatest d-man will always be Bobby Orr. And the greatest goalie? Now that would make an interesting debate!
Look at it this way in terms of GOAT in Hockey. Gretzky played on the most stacked team ever and scored and passed all day winning scoring titles but was non existent on defense. Orr was defenseman of the year 8 straight years AND won scoring titles AND MVP's as the best scorer of his era. He was defenseman of the year and was at the top of the scoring leaders every year also. The first 100 assist season was accomplished by Orr, a defenseman. Orr is the ONLY player in the sports history to do this. Not even an argument for me as who is the GOAT. He is undoubtedly the #1 5 tool player the sport has ever seen.