View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Rob

Sorry Hank...I wasn't taking exception to your comment, I just wanted to address that one specifically as anyone who says they're an expert on "date of issue" for undated pennants is most likely full of you know what....and there's plenty of people who fall into that category in this hobby (though none in this forum ).

The dates I used came from hours of searching completed auction results, internet research, my own football knowledge and Egner's book as a gut check. In many cases, it's a best guess and certainly open to change.

As for this Packers pennant, you'll never find one for sale that's attributed to the 1960s unless it's dated. The earliest dated version of this pennant is 1960. This leads me to believe the pennant is actually from the 1950s and was repurposed for the 1960 Championship game. Keep me honest Kyle, but I believe a pennant maker would be much more likely to take an existing pennant and slap a date on it to commemorate a championship game than they would be to make the pennant for a championship game and then remove the commemoration to sell a regular version. The fact that it's so much easier to find an undated version than it is a dated one, leads me to believe they were being produced for years before the game. Just my opinion...