View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 04:07 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
To you first point, Hank, I "bulge" the holder as much as possible and push a dowel toward the tip and try to pull it in rather than push it in. My moth eaten Cinderella Boys was quite the challenge. I generally prefer the soft sleeves, but that's just me.

To your second point, it is my opinion that stiffer, synthetic "felt" always points to mid to late 60's and later. That said, I have know idea if your Packers pennant is a repro or just something Ad Flag decided to make at the time. To muddy the waters even further, I'm not sure I have any (Giants) Ad Flags that are not soft felt.
Paragraph #1: I have luck putting the pennant about half way in and with the holder vertical, tapping the tip of the rigid holder on the floor (carpeted preferably as tips of the holders do break) to get the thinner pennants to slide in without wrinkling. Sometimes it takes several, two steps forward one step back interations to get it to go in cleanly but it always does. Also seen it done by sandwiching the thinner pennant between two stiff, thin modern pennants, then pulling the modern pennants out quickly. Though I haven't done that one myself.

Paragraph #2: 0% chance it's a repro unless it was a repro made in the 1950s.