1B - Lou Gehrig
2B - Rogers Hornsby
SS - Alex Rodriguez
3B - Mike Schmidt
LF - Ty Cobb
CF - Hank Aaron
RF - Babe Ruth

Notes:

No love for ARod??? You can plug him into either SS or 3B but I think the case at SS is a no-brainer

C - Gibson didn't play in MLB so hard to compare...Bench had more pop and good D, but IRod had 2800 hits, ~.300 avergae...300+ HR...a great Defensive C and also had wheels...similar WAR but Bench played on some ridiculous teams

Love Alomar at 2B...great defensive player and had speed...also good on offese but Hornsby's numbers are heard to ignore

OF - Hard to determine...do you want all sluggers on your team?....Avg?...DEF? a true leadoff hitter (Rickey anyone?)...I went with guys that were best against competition of their eras....Rith gets the eay nod...nobody did anything close to what he did in his era Mantle/Aaron/Mays/Williams....all guys that have an edge over the other ....but all played in the same era for the most part...did any of them really rise above?...Does longevity get taken into account (please see IRod over Bench above...I believe so)?

LHP - Went with Randy...I like Kershaw...felt Carlton was great...as was Spahn....Koufax to me had a great small (See Pedro) box of years (outside of those 4-5 was really quite average)....But seeing Randy pitch...was scary.

RHP - Tough call....Didn't see Johnson...stats deflated due to competion I feel...maybe? Clemens longevity and consistency in a live-ball era wins out IMO