View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 11th Annual Net54baseball Dinner at the National RSVP thread

This is the RSVP thread for the 11th Annual Net54baseball Dinner at the 2013 National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago. Our platinum sponsor is Heritage Auctions. Had they not stepped up several months ago, with their support, our dinner might not be happening. Please remember them kindly with your hobby needs. We also have Goldin Auctions as a gold sponsor and their support is greatly appreciated. There is an anonymous donor too. All of these fine folks are given many thanks.
All Net54baseball members and family members are invited to the dinner. It is RSVP only and this is the thread to rsvp for it.

It will be held at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, 9300 Bryn Mawr Ave, Rosemont, Ill, 60018, which is literally across the street from the convention center where the show is being held. The exact room won’t be decided until the week of the event but it will be easy to find once inside the hotel. It is being held Friday, August 2nd, 2013 and will start at 6:30pm. Speakers will start at 7:30. The event will run until 12:00am. Dinner will be served, similar to last years buffet, at approximately 8:45pm. Nothing fancy but it’s decent. I don't want to say who the speakers will be but they should be entertaining,

There will probably be a few hors d’oeuvres beforehand. There is an open bar as always with sodas and water too…ID’s will be checked , with tickets required and handed out for free as in the past. There is a non-mandatory $5 donation this year. One hundred percent (100%) of the proceeds will go to an animal rescue in the North Texas area. The dress code is at minimum what I will be wearing which is a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops. Anything more will be considered dressing up and that is fine too.

The only requirement will be to wear a name tag with your name and board ID….those will be printed and handed out at the door. There will be 2 of our members at the front door checking everyone in and assisting. When rsvp’ing please say whether you are there for dinner and drinks or only drinks? (Some folks come later for drinks only, after dinner, which is fine too). On this RSVP, I would like to get the first and last name of the member and the first name of anyone you are bringing. You can rsvp in this thread (preferable) OR you can email me at leon@net54baseball.com. . I will respond to everyone. You are not registered unless I give you a response back to your rsvp ONLY if your rsvp is not in this thread. If it is in this thread there will be nothing else from me, or necessary. I look forward to seeing everyone there. BTW, if you rsvp and don't show and don't let me know you can't make it, you won't be invited in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by Leon; 07-10-2013 at 11:05 AM.