View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 06:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Extremely happy, beyond believe actually, to have been able to pick up this 52 Topps Roy Campanella card thanks to Harliduck (John Otto)

In the January pick up thread John wrote this and I'm glad to say I'm the extremely lucky individual that he sold it to.

"Curt...a local card shop, owner is a friend of mine who saves any vintage buys for me before putting them for sale. He is slowly getting a trickle of 52's in from an older gentleman who opened them in packs as a kid on the east coast, so new to the hobby cards from the original owner. I made a deal with a net54 member and sold it to him for exactly what I paid and now it's at SGC to be graded. It's no longer my card and probably one of those deals where I'll probably regret that later...haha...but super happy to help a fellow collector on an iconic card. Only one I've ever seen or held. I stopped by the shop today and a couple more high numbers came in, I just listed them on the B/S/T for pretty much what I paid. I've given up on 52's considering the Mantle is probably out of my reach, so trying to help others..."
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329847

Just an unbelievable gesture, imo, and it speaks volumes to not only what a great and thoughtful person John is, but it also speaks volumes about the kinds of people that one can encounter here on Net54.

Again, John, I can't thank you enough for doing this for me.
Helping a fellow collector complete his set like this is something I never would have dreamt of let alone it actually happening.

Thanks again so much!

Dale
That is awesome, congrats on the pick up.