View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 01:31 PM

Default Paint pen on card autograph... a few questions.

Hi all,

Been looking for a Ken Griffey Jr auto. Normally I shy away from signed cards unless they are pencil or a cut auto signed in pen as I feel these mediums have more longevity. I know that under certian factors including light and temprature, many signed cards can fade and often do. If I buy a signed card I don't want to keep it in a box for most of the time but rather display it and have it where I can see it and enjoy it. All of my favorite athletes are all time greats; Peyton Manning Ken Griffey Jr. etc, so their cards command high prices as it is. This along with the explosion of prices now makes me not want to shell out a ton when the card will sit in a box where I will get little enjoyment out of it for fear of fading.

That being said I came across a purple version /20 of Griffey's 2016 Upper Deck Master Collection on card auto in a silver paint pen. It is beautiful, crisp and sharp. The price point is something I can afford and seems to be a good deal. I'd like to ask what the concensus and experience is with cards signed in paint pen? Do the autographs hold up? According to my research they do and I've read that they aren't damaged by UV light? Obiviously there will always be a risk of some fading, be it big or small but if the paint pen holds up and is a good option, I'm very tempted to snag this card for my PC and fufill a collecting goal of mine.

Thanks so much!

Jake

Last edited by AstroJake09; 04-15-2021 at 01:33 PM.