View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 02:14 PM

Ok…..I’m a set builder here. It is lots of fun.

Ok say your building 1975 Topps for an example in ex condition

1. Are there particular strategies you follow in building your sets?

I start with large or larger lots. I buy 100-300 cards lots, take out the best for the set. You can always buy singles for the set as you go. My go to is Greg morris on eBay. There always breaking sets and you can piece together the set from them. I save the stars and higher value cards for last, that way you can be more patient and wait for the good ones to pop up

2. Do you build multiple sets at once, or does that make it too difficult and you focus on one at a time?

I do one year at a time, keeps you focused!!! With your left overs? You can alway start another set or sell off to fund the set

3. Do you prefer all raw, all graded or a combo and why?

I like raw, but for the bigger cards? Mantle, mays, Aaron, or high value RC’s…..I do go graded (less chance for fake cards)

4. Finally, what is the best way to store sets (in-progress or completed) so that you can also enjoy seeing the cards?

I put my sets in double shoe boxes 1600 or 1800 count boxes. For me it works. Some people like binders. Easy to look through your set. I don’t like them but that’s me…….

Just remember to have fun and enjoy as your doing it

Last edited by Elberson; 02-06-2024 at 03:21 PM.