View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Default The worst news a collector could possibly hear

Posted By: tbob

Two months after the cards were graded and sent back to me and lost by UPS, I finally received my reimbursement check today from GAI. Kudos to Johnny Moe the head of shipping at GAI who was the one person at that company who cared enough to see this through. I was pretty much left to twist in the wind for a long time until John helped resolve this.
Also major thanks to Tom B. who helped with information on what was happening at UPS and all the great guys on this board who emailed condolences and support.
I hope no one else has to go through this and I will be keeping my eye open down the road for some fool to try and sell an E98 Clarke with an Old Put back stamp, not to mention the other 15 E98s which were graded by GAI although I am sure they will be popped out and sold raw. I've been able to replace most of the cards, even getting higher graded ones (although GAI never HAS told me what grades the 16 received!) except an E98 Tinker, but I sure do miss my Old Put. By the way if you want to see it, it's on page 302 of the SCD 2004 catalogue produced by Bob Lemke.
Happy holidays everyone.
tbob