View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Well The 2 years that Miken won the Helms tropy as top collegiate player Kurland was playing as well. Kurland won in 46. The NIT was the top college tournament at the time and in 1945 Miken and depaul won. And Miken was tournament MVP. Head to head Miken 3 Kurland 2. By 1950 Miken had won 2 NBL Titles and 2 BAA/ NBA titles. Led NBL in Scoring in 1948 BAA in 1949 and NBA in 1950. And was named Greatest player of the first half Century by AP. So they were not close Kurland a good player who did not turn pro so never faced top talent. Tarzan Cooper not Chuck. I am a Philly basketball fan so soft for Fulks who led early years of BAA in scoring and won title in 47. Pop Gates Lapchick and early Celtics. Many great players in the first 50 years. Kurland on the list sure top 10, not in my opinion. Not playing againt a circut of company teams vs a circut of Professional basketball players. I dont know much about AAU but I do know they were not a pro leauge. And the greatest player of the first half Century would not have settled for that.