View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Bill Gregory

I readily admit to being biased where Robin is concerned. He and Clemente are my baseball idols, with Teddy Ballgame not far behind.

I spent a lot of time at old Milwaukee County Stadium as a kid, and I watched him emerge from a strong glove guy with a pretty good stick into an absolutely lethal hitter. The ball just jumped off his bat. I mean, it screamed. He was always in tremendous shape, but when he started hitting the weight room, and adding lean muscle, you could really see what a threat he was becoming, offensively. When he was on, the doubles, triples and home runs came in bunches. He battled at the plate, and really rose to the occasion when his team needed him most. I remember the one game "playoff" the Brewers had against the Orioles in 1982; the winner would meet the Angels in the American League Championship Game. Yount absolutely destroyed Jim Palmer in that game, homering in his first two at bats. And he hit .412 in his only World Series. He's still the only player in World Series history to have multiple four hit games.

The guy always came to the game, and played his heart out. I don't remember his ever taking a play off. I mean, if he hit a grounder to short that was sure to end the inning, he ran like he was trying to beat it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwaylandscaping View Post
I Really liked Robin Yount growing up. 2 MVP's at two different positions. Hard nosed athlete. He gets overlooked a good bit.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-07-2016 at 10:42 PM.