View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Curt

Their inability to adapt and correct the slide has lead to me being done with them. I enjoyed a 10 year run and shipped at least 1-3 orders each year with them. It was very helpful to be able to buy cards and let them sit until I was ready to take possession, and have a low s/h cost for it. The common wait time for the first 9 years was about a week to 2 at the most! However, that advantage kind of goes away if it takes 3-4 months after you request shipment to receive the cards. I guess you could adjust your expectations and deal with it that way, but frankly, nobody else takes anywhere near that to ship anything you buy. Why should COMC get a break and continue to take forever just because business is booming? That crap wouldn't fly with Amazon, not does it fly with small sellers on ebay...all who are expected to deliver the goods purchased in a timely manner.

I'm sure they could care less that I am no longer buying from them as an individual. I calculated that I might have spent roughly $500/yr on average over the last 10 years. However, if they lose enough people over this, it will hurt. Considering that it is the consigners that stand to lose as well and could stop sending or start pulling cards in favor of ebay or other platforms, it should be in COMCs best interest to do whatever it takes to right the ship ASAP.

My last order through their site (requested shipment (12/3/20) took just over 4 months to deliver (4/15/21 or there abouts). While waiting, I also bought an ebay auction item that took about 3 weeks to deliver. I tried to see if somehow my two shipments could be combined. I'm sure this messes up their process, but I didn't even get an acknowledgement for my request. After waiting 2+ months for my site shipment, the ebay card arrived, then I went on to wait another 1-2 months for the site purchase to finally arrive.

Many people will stick with them because of the need to buy more cards, but I don't have the patience for that kind of poor service. I'll sacrifice buying more in the name of not giving my money to a company who can't seem to manage their operation correctly.