View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 08:35 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
That is a great photograph. Nice collection piece. I’m sure the photograph is dated or a newspaper article could verify when the Babe visited the dealership for the photograph.

I’m wondering if it was more than just a few days after the home run. The reason is the dealership would have had to come up with the idea to have the sign made, had a company make it, have it installed, and somehow arranged for the photograph opportunity with the Babe all in a few days?

Surely possible, but that’s a quick turnaround.
I agree, but since he broke the window on Oct 6, and would have possibly (probably?) left St Louis as quickly as the next evening, I'm thinking it's very possible that the quick turnaround happened, as opposed to him being back in St Louis a week later.

I'll bet that the car dealership across the street from the stadium had a contact with the team, and breaking a car window with your third home run during a WS game doesn't happen very often.

Post game press session :

Reporter - "Hey Babe, did you know that your third home run broke a window in a car across the street?

The Babe - "Is that right kid? Maybe I should go take a picture with it?"

Ruth wasn't exactly shy...

Last edited by doug.goodman; 02-17-2021 at 08:36 PM.