View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
I enjoy baseball on professional and little league level, it,s a piece of my life that I welcome with open arms. Any baseball is good even so much as a 50 something year old guy still collects baseball cards for the love of the game. If baseball is on a down hill slide than I'm all in and will stay on the bandwagon until the end. It's my game and proud to say so!!!
I can't argue with any of that. Just wondering about MLB coming back now, not the history, which obviously no one in a vintage baseball card forum would argue isn't important and great. I'm certainly not one of those guys who thinks we should destroy history, even though I know it's currently in vogue. But I would argue that MLB has done everything imaginable to separate it's current incarnation from its history, and has pushed further and further toward something that's unrecognizable from the last time we played a ~60 game season. If all of that doesn't alienate a huge fan like yourself, then I'm betting the slide will continue.

I'm with you regarding Little League and other non-MLB forms of our sport - still all in and if I give up on MLB I'll probably replace it with watching college baseball. Just not sure I'm in for MLB in 2020. I was out for 1995, and life went on just fine. We'll see - I love the sport so much that I won't know until it's 'opening day' and I have the option of watching a game.